Search This Blog

Wednesday 22 February 2012

Pancake Day

Ok so like probably nearly everyone else in the country last night I was making pancakes. I learned very quickly that my frying pan was not really up to the job so the first attempt need to be scraped off the bottom. I switched pans and got the butter nice and hot then we were in business. Savoury pancakes first made up of the ever traditional cheese and ham plus a splash of mustard, we used Emmental and a smoked cheddar and some wafer thin ham. They were very tasty indeed. However I also found pancakes are hard to photograph well, and make look appetising but you will just have to take my word for it.
For the dessert pancakes, although Rich had the most popular lemon and sugar, I bough some caramel dip and cream from Waitrose for mine to experiment with. I did also get some cherry compote but that will have to wait for another time. Rich decided to make his caramel pancake by using the sauce to caramelise the edges of the pancake to they were all chewy. This was sugar overload but it was so good.
This sauce was definitely worth buying it was so rich and indulgent. I shall use it up by making a banoffee pie at some point I expect, so go get some whilst you can. Tomorrow I am hoping to go to the Red Lion Wine House on Worrall Road for cheese, charcuterie and wine as part of my on going Birthday Week (TM)  celebrations will report back if I do. Wongs is the favourited birthday meal destination, let me know if any of you has been. Hope you all had good pancake days share your favourite toppings!

No comments:

Post a Comment